The Sisters Hayes (Christina, Esther and Rebecca) are a trio of sibling artists living and working in Melbourne. With collective skills in painting, craft, animation, film and photography, costume and set design the familial group make diverse collaborative works for broad audiences.
The Sisters Hayes would like to know:
- What did you (or do you) want to be when you grow up? An architect
- How many siblings do you have and what is your birth order (oldest, middle child, youngest, only child)? I have 1 sibling, he is older than me.
- Are you doing what you love with your life? Why or Why not? I do what I love some of the time. What I love to do is creative adventures. Making films, art or crafts. I love to manage and organise others, which I get to do in my day job, and in my not day job I manage bands, and put on events.
- What is your favourite hobby or past time? Is this something you prefer to do alone or with others and why? My favourite past time is drinking tea and watching comedy DVDs. I like to do this alone as I hate to think things I find amusing are not funny to other people.
- What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod that you do not want to delete? Betty Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes
- Describe an important place to you. Include things like what season or time of day it is. Also let us know of any important smells or colours you associate with that place. My most important and happy place is the beach in La Serena, Chile. It reminds me of happiness in my childhood. The sun beating down on the white sand, the noise of families on the beach, and the ice cold ocean. Sheltering from the afternoon sun under a red beach umbrella with my grandmother, my aunt and cousins while eating sweet cakes sold by vendors on the beach.
- What three things do you ‘feel you need’ to carry with you (other than your phone, wallet or keys)? I carry socks, as a habit from being stuck somewhere with one pair of socks for a week years ago. My phone charger, a mini toothbrush, brush, a pair of fold up flat shoes, sunglasses, a calico tote bag folded up, a notebook and pens. I don’t leave the house without these things, I can’t deal with small handbags.
- What fictional character do you most identify with and why? I think I’m a cross between Lindsay Weir from Freaks and Geeks and Angela Chase from My So Called Life. (90’s TV references ahoy!). I think they are both people who are still trying to find their way in life. I guess picking teenagers as the ones I identify with, is a bit bad considering I’m now in my 30’s? I guess they are both headstrong people though, and very independent people, who always hold their values at the forefront.
- What book OR movie do you enjoy reading/watching over and over again? Big Fish- the Tim Burton film. I think it is just beautifully made and just a sweet story with a great sense of imagination.
- Describe something you wear that makes you feel confident, happy or powerful. My red ankle boots. I bought them in Barcelona when I lived in Europe and I fear the day they will wear out. I never feel out of place with them on.
Email: Francesrosey At Gmail.com
Name: Fran Miller-Pezo